Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pecan Pie Muffins


What’s the difference between a muffin and cupcake? Well, according to Greedy Gourmet, "A muffin contains less sugar and doesn’t have icing on top". Ok, perfect - let's just enter this to the Snackshot 3 that features .... "muffins".









I thought I would do something I really like doing - blog hopping. I came upon this recipe at RecipeZaar for pecan pie muffins. The comments were all raving about how they resembled pecan pie and everyone was giving it a 5 star rating. With only a few ingredients I thought I had nothing to lose by giving them a try. I'm telling you - if you have the ingredients in your house - make them now and then get ready to make a second batch. They really do have a pecan pie type of taste to them with a muffin texture. So good. They're minis and pop right out of the mini muffin tins and directly into your mouth. It's funny how that works. I had to throw them in freezer bags immediately otherwise today could easily have been a 3000 calorie day - noooo problem.

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs

Process:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Combine everything in a bowl
3. Spray 2 mini muffin tins about 3/4 full
4. Bake 18 minutes

Could it get any easier StumbleUpon

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to make these. I am always looking for the next greatest muffin. Thanks.

test it comm said...

Pecan pie muffins sound great! Bookmarked to try.

Mama Mia said...

mmm I love pecans! Those look great!

giz said...

2 comments:
Pixie said...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Could it get any easier? perfect and I have all the ingredients handy too. Also, picked up some Matzo's today too. Yeah!!!

April 19, 2008 10:16 AM
Grace said...
the taste is amazing, isn't it! i've almost convinced myself that i never need to make a pecan pie again.

man, i'm a lazy bum. :)

giz said...

Grace - I remembered seeing them on another site and completely forgot it was yours - my apologies for not crediting you too for this recipe. It is pretty wonderful - and so easy.

Vicarious Foodie said...

I *adore* pecan pie but never want to go through the trouble of making it. These sound perfect!

That Girl said...

I'm having such pecan pie cravings lately!

RecipeGirl said...

These sound good. I think I have just the muffin to contribute to this event :)

OhioMom said...

These sound yummy ! Will have to put them on my "to do" list :)

Emily said...

How did you know my favorite pie was pecan??
Well, now I have to make these. :0

eatme_delicious said...

Yum I saw these on Bake or Break and saved the recipe. I can imagine how addictive the mini ones would be.

Rosie said...

Those muffins sound great! I must try them out :)

Rosie x

Núria said...

Giz!!!!! What about my diet? How can you post about Pecan pie muffins now? Well, since weekends are free diet... maybe I should start baking and try your delicious madalenas :D Your words convinced me!!!

Deborah said...

I love pecan pie - so I want to try these right away!

Ruth Strong said...

These sound tasty! I love muffins and I had wondered what's the difference between them and cupcakes. Mind you I've had muffins with icing before and cupcakes without icing too.

Cakelaw said...

Yum - another great muffin recipe! I adore pecan pie, so I want to give these a go.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark